Monday, May 11, 2009

UCLA's Festival of Books

April 2009

http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/


This is THE POWER OF THE PENNY's very first time at a Book Festival! Check out the pictures to see all the fun we had.




Here I am (Elaina Redmond) at the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial booth with David Ealry, the Communications Director.

Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Website




Having a great time with my sister, Laura, in my other booth.




A teacher who loved the book!



Here are a couple of fans and they want to give a shoutout to Scott Stewart.
"We love your illustrations!"




A teacher and her sister with THE POWER OF THE PENNY.


A Penny Story-

Praying for Another's Healing


"Whenever I find a penny, I always pray for someone that has a drinking or drug problem, that they be sober. And if I find them in my neighborhood that is an Asian community, I don't pick them up because they believe pennies keep evil spirits away. So I follow their tradition in my neighborhood."

April 25, 2009
Kenneth Franklin--Alhambra, CA
UCLA's Festival of Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive